LIMITED EDITION PRINT of 30
This painting is part of my series 'Not So Hopeless' which aims to counterbalance the dominance of negative news about endangered animals by refreshing the public with success stories from all around the world.
This work was inspired by the following successful actions to save the Markhor in Pakistan:
In Pakistan, markhor numbers fell by about 70 percent in the 20th century. In Tajikistan, once home to an abundance of the species, fewer than 350 were counted in the mid-1990s. (1)
Pakistan took action to protect the animal from poachers and educated the public. Soon Tajikistan followed and took action as well. These actions were extremely effective resulting in the IUCN downgrading the markhor’s listing from “endangered” to “near threatened” in 2015. (2)
"Markhor populations have increased to over 1,000 in Tajikistan, according to a 2013 study. Some parts of Pakistan have had a population increase of more than 50 percent since 1999."(1)
- 8.5 x 11 inches (with small white boarder for framing)
- Print is on textured Hahnemuhle Fine Art Paper
- Certified archivability
- Thick paper (310 gsm)
- Original Painted with Watercolours on Watercolour paper
- Each print is individually signed, titled, and numbered on the white boarder.
- If you would like it signed directly on the image of the print, please let me know and I would be happy to sign it that way for you!
- FREE shipping
- approximately 3-5 business days
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
For shipping outside of Canada you must add one of the shipping products below to your cart:
- $7.05 (CAD)
- approximately 6-8 business days
Outside of Canada and the USA
- $13 (CAD)
- approximately 7-10 business days