Sea Turtle, Print
LIMITED EDITION PRINT of 20
This painting is part of my series 'Not So Hopeless' which aims to counterbalance the dominance of negative news about endangered animals by refreshing the public with success stories from all around the world.
This work was inspired by the following successful actions to save the Oregon Chub in the USA:
"Even as doom and gloom stories flood the news, conservation efforts are turning the tide for threatened sea turtles. New research suggests that all seven sea turtle species are experiencing population growth worldwide, demonstrating the ecological value of long-term conservation policy and action." (1) Julia John
“What people have been doing all these years on sea turtles seems to have had a positive impact on their populations,” said Antonios Mazaris, first author on the study published in Science Advances. “We should continue to work to safeguard endangered wildlife.” (2)
Countries like Greece are high risk areas for sea turtles due to the increase of tourism, The Sea Turtle Protection Society in Greece protects over 2,500 nests every year.(3) The most important nesting areas have been protected by Greek law since 1999 and by the WWF. (4)
- Learn more; (1)(2)The WildLife Society, Sea Turtle Populations Rise Globally, Julia John, Science Advances, (3) Archelon (4) WWF, Sea Turtle
- Original Painted with Watercolours on Watercolour paper
- Print is on High Quality Archival Watercolour Printing Paper
- Each print is individually signed, titled, and numbered on the white boarder.
- If you would like it signed directly on the image of the print, please let me know and I would be happy to sign it that way for you!